with Claire Wilde
Saturday and Sunday, March 9th and 10th (1:00-5:00pm)
at Align Fitness
$195 for the weekend. You may pay in full up front, or reserve your spot with an $85 non-refundable deposit and pay the balance ($110) on the first day of class. A single registration/payments covers both participants (birthing person and birth partner). Class is limited to six pairs.
You will learn:
- about birth as a multidimensional process
- facts and facets of the birth process
- movements and positions for a comfortable and efficient labor
- the nuts and bolts of mindful labor support
- how to utilize breath and sound
- how to support the birthing person physically and emotionally
- how to recognize and work with fear in labor
- how the mind works, and how to work with the mind
- how to work wisely with your body
- how perception and cultural conditioning shape your birth experience
- about your personal resources and core needs in birth
- what to do when labor doesn’t go the way you want
- relaxation practices for pregnancy and postpartum
- how your baby experiences and participates in labor
- how to steer clear of assumptions
- …and more!
Learn more about our history and approach at https://yogawaytobirth.com/
Instructor — Claire Wilde
Claire Wilde found yoga after a spinal fusion surgery at age 12 left her feeling hopelessly disconnected from her body. Linking breath with movement, exploring her body’s abilities, and getting comfortable with its limitations allowed her to come back home to herself. She delights in holding space for other people’s explorations of their own unique body-minds, and her classes are relaxing, meditative, and deeply nourishing.
She trained and certified as a labor doula through Birthingway College of Midwifery after the life-changing experience of witnessing the birth of her nephew. Her philosophy around birth has always been influenced by her yoga practice, and vice versa. Welcoming her daughter in 2017 reaffirmed the link between mindfulness, breath, somatic experience, and birth.
Claire completed her 200-hour Teacher Training in 2016 at Sellwood Yoga. In addition, she completed her Prenatal Yoga Teacher Training in 2017 with Shana Celnicker-Chong at The Bhaktishop, and her Kids Yoga Teacher Training with Annie Kobliska-Becker and Rosey Wyland in 2013 at Sellwood Yoga.