with Margaret Townsend and Jen Marie Stratton
Total: 20 Hours (17.5 hrs in class + 2.5 hrs at home)
- Thursdays, December 1, 8 and 15 of 2022 (6:00pm-8:30pm)
- Thursdays, January 5, 12, 19, 26 of 2023 (6:00-8:30pm)
The Mindful Self-Compassion course, developed by Dr. Kristin Neff and Dr. Christopher Germer, offers skills for emotional resilience during the difficult times in life. It is designed to help us show up for ourselves in the way we would show up for a dear friend or loved one in times of suffering. These skills can help while navigating our new normal and in general, when we experience the inevitable challenges of life.
During the course participants will learn to:
● Practice mindfulness and self-compassion in daily life
● Understand the science and research of self-compassion
● Use self-compassion to live in accord with personal core values
● Handle difficult emotions with greater ease
● Motivate oneself with kindness rather than criticism
● Work with challenging relationships
● Manage caregiver fatigue
● Practice the art of savoring and self-appreciation
● Teach and/or model simple self-compassion tools to others
Both Margret and Jen Marie received Certification in Mindful Self-Compassion from Kristin Neff, PhD and studied the Hakomi Method.