with Savonn Wyland
Total: 20 Hours
- Thursday, February 24, 2022 (6pm-8:30pm)
- Saturday, February 26, 2022 (1pm-5:30pm)
- Sunday, February 27, 2022 (12:30pm-3:30pm)
- Thursday, March 10, 2022 (6pm-8:30pm)
- Saturday, March 12, 2022 (1pm-5:30pm)
- Sunday, March 13, 2022 (12:30pm-3:30pm)
Expand and deepen your skills by understanding how to both practice and teach Yin Yoga and the Art of Quieter Practices. Learn how to further help people relax, destress, clear their minds, and make time for themselves. Yin and other quieter practices are deep, meditative, and often profound experiences. Infused in the longer, more passive, and slower approach to poses is a more attuned awareness of breath, mindfulness, and presence.
These more quiet and still practices also help people tap into intuition and inwardly directed listening. Awareness, openings, and insight become skillful tools in order to help overcome obstacles and challenges in life, increase mobility and flexibility, deal with injuries and illness, and provide necessary self-care.
- Experience and understand the positive physiological effects of Yin Yoga on fascia, connective tissue, joints, and muscles.
- Learn and practice safe sequencing using basic Yin poses as well as suitable options and modifications.
- Leave with tools to enrich both your personal practice and teaching skills, grounded both in self-awareness and experiential knowledge.
- Increase your confidence in using Yin to create calmness, deep relaxation, and therapeutic support.
Savonn has been teaching Yin Yoga for over 15 years, and she studied with and was certified in Yin/Yang Yoga by Paul and Suzee Grilley & Sarah Powers.
This weekend intensive is suitable for teachers interested in including Yin and other quieter practices into their offerings or graduates of previous teacher training programs who haven’t been regularly teaching, as well as for students wanting to deepen their personal practice and knowledge.