Highly Skilled Instruction, 300 Hour Program, Mentoring and Support
Our Advanced Studies 300 Hour Yoga Teacher Training Program is led by Maria Williquette and Savonn Wyland, with additional material taught by Christine Morita-McVey, Nicole Cranston, Margaret Townsend, Denise Gour, Bill Wyland, Rosey Wyland, Annie Kobliska Becker, and other guest instructors.
The program is designed modularly with intensives intended for yoga teachers who have already completed a 200 hour program. Once enrolled in the program, you will be matched with your mentor. The mentorship component is an integral part, helping to create more relevant customization, greater support, and further individualized attention.
Enrollment is ongoing, and we are currently accepting applications. At Sellwood Yoga, we aspire to teach and provide trainings that are accessible and support our commitment to equity and inclusion. We offer a limited number of scholarships and/or work study positions for those who are in need of financial support. You can apply for the scholarships and/or work study positions by answering additional questions on the program application.
Once you are enrolled, you can begin scheduling your electives and will have 2 years to complete the 300 hour program.
- 210 hours of Elective Intensives (mix and match from a variety of options: 5-20 hours per module)
- 80 hours of Mentorship (50 contact + 30 non-contact)
- 10 hours Advanced Studies Immersion Weekend with Maria and Savonn + potentially other guest instructors
We are currently accepting applications and enrollment is ongoing.
Kick off Weekend for the next round of training is September 30, 2021
The dates for each Elective Intensive can be found by clicking on the topics below.
Please click on each topic below for a description and the date/times that the module is being offered.
Why Choose Us?
Modular Learning with Electives, Supportive Environment, Practical, Relevant, and Useful Information + Mentorship and Community
Our lead instructors, faculty, and guest teachers are committed to helping you hone in on and develop your strengths, expand your skill set, deepen your knowledge, increase your confidence, and enjoy what you are learning and teaching.
Mentorship (50 Contact + 30 Non-Contact Hours)
We are proud to include a comprehensive mentorship component as a part of the Advanced Studies Yoga Teacher Training Program. We will match you up with a mentor who will guide and support you throughout the program. Mentorship includes one-on-one sessions with and taking yoga classes from your mentor, progressing to observing and assisting your mentor in actual studio yoga classes. Towards the end of the program, you will teach full yoga classes, which your mentor will attend to provide supportive feedback. This level of one-on-one training is rare in the modern yoga world and harkens back to a time where students developed deep and enduring relationships with their teachers. You will grow exponentially as a teacher and will have access to ongoing personalized support.
Below is an example of how the 50 Contact + 30 Non-Contact Hours might be approached. You will work directly with your mentor to create a customized plan.
50 Contact Hours
- Meet one-on-one with Mentor (5-8 hours)
- Attend 10 classes with Mentor as teacher (10-16 hours)
- Assist 5 classes with Mentor and meet afterwards (6-8 hours)
- Teach two classes with Mentor present, feedback afterwards (4-6 hours)
- Plan a workshop and create supporting materials and outline (5-7 hours)
- Help out at the studio or with other studio-related functions (5-8 hours)
- Or other agreed upon hours.
30 Non-Contact Hours
- Observe 4 classes with other teachers, take notes (4-6 hours)
- Attend 10 classes from a variety of teachers (10-12 hours)
- Self study: required reading and homework (10-12 hours)
- Seva in community (4 hours)
- Or other agreed upon hours.
300 Hours Advanced Studies Yoga Teacher Training: Putting It All Together
- 10 hours Advanced Studies Immersion Weekend (offered twice a year, you need to attend at least one).
- 80 hours of Mentorship spread out over the 12-24 months you are enrolled in the program.
- 210 hours of Elective Intensives in Portland, Oregon.
Your tuition also includes a one year membership (12 consecutive months) to Sellwood Yoga with unlimited yoga classes and discounts on other workshops, special events, and more.
Everyone enrolled in the program will be part of a private online group where you can connect with each other, the faculty, and guest instructors, as well as share information relevant to the program, ask questions and receive answers, plus access other relevant resources.
Interested in applying?
If you’re interested in applying to our 300 Hour Advanced Studies Yoga Teacher Training Program but aren’t ready to commit, send us your name and email, and we’ll be in touch.
Program Details and Next Steps
1. Send us a message if you have specific questions or if you would like to schedule some time to talk on the phone or in person.
3. Within 3 business days of your application being submitted, we will get back to you. If for some reason, you do not hear from us, please send us an email.
4. Once accepted into the program, you have 7 days to schedule your first meeting with your mentor, pay your first installment of $800 (non-refundable), and discuss what your payment plan is going to be. You and your mentor will also review registration for the immersion weekend and elective modules.
After your initial $800 payment (non-refundable), you can pick between a number of different payment options:
Option 1: Pay in Full – $3825 ( 15% discount). Pay your balance within 1 month of enrollment, and save $675.
Option 2: Installment Plan 1 – Pay in 2 installments of $2250 (within 6 months of enrollment), plus a $75 service fee, for a total of $4575.
Option 3: Installment Plan 2 – Pay in 4 installments of $1125 (within 12 months of enrollment), plus a $150 service fee, for a total of $4650.
Tuition includes: 1 Advanced Studies Immersion Weekend, 210 Hours of Elective Modules, 80 Hours of Mentorship along with 1 year (12 consecutive months) of unlimited yoga classes at Sellwood Yoga, as well as discounts on workshops, retreats, retail, and other special offerings.
If you decide not to complete the teacher training program, you are still responsible for any remaining payments.
Elective Intensives Are Currently Scheduled from late September of 2021 – May of 2023. We will add in another batch of electives in January of 2022.
Most Elective Intensives will be held at Sellwood Yoga in Portland, Oregon. There could be times that the location may change depending on the material being presented and the availability of studio space. If a session is held somewhere other than Sellwood Yoga, it will be communicated ahead of time and will always be somewhere in Portland (in or nearby to Sellwood/SE Portland).
Mentorship hours will be completed based on a schedule set up between mentor/mentee. There will be flexibility built around individual needs and goals.
Advanced Teacher Training Faculty
Program Creator/Co-Director, Lead Instructor, Mentor
Program Co-Director, Lead Instructor, Mentor
Annie Kobliska Becker