with Savonn Wyland
Wednesdays, February 13th – March 13th (7:15 – 8:15am)
at Sellwood Yoga
$85 for the series ($70 for Sellwood Yoga members with an autopay – email email@example.com prior to registering to get the discount)
- 60 minute early morning classes (7:15-8:15am) that will boot up your practice to start your day in an energizing way.
- Combinations of familiar and traditional yoga poses with strength conditioning exercises
- Inspiration, support and community. By practicing with the same group of people, you will be encouraged to help and be accountable for yourself as well as inspire and support others.
The Strengthen Your Practice series can help you:
- reinvigorate your yoga practice
- incorporate strength conditioning moves to help with joint stability (hips, knees, shoulders) and muscular balance (ex. hamstring strength and flexibility, upper body toning and shoulder mobility).
- improve your confidence, mood and overall sense of well being.
- learn sequences to increase your functional flexibility, strength and stamina while clearing and calming your mind.
- You will be practicing barefoot and using both time on your own mat as well as the use of the full practice space. While you won’t be using weights you will be using your whole body as well as some yoga props and resistance bands (all will be provided at the studio). Please bring a hand towel and water bottle.
This series is suitable for most students since modifications and options will be given. If have any questions about the series please email Savonn directly: firstname.lastname@example.org
Instructor — Savonn Wyland
Savonn’s approach to teaching is to provide skillful and detailed instruction, non-dogmatic and grounded inspiration, along with mindful intention and awareness. She weaves in many different styles and approaches to her creative sequencing and theme based classes.
She recognizes the importance of an integrated approach to health and wellbeing. She believes that yoga and other meditative and expressive arts are a great complement to athletic, professional and creative pursuits.
Her classes, workshops and retreats offer an opportunity to tap into the transformational energy present when a group comes together to practice without losing the power of personal inquiry and expression. Her one-on-one sessions help to better tailor a personal practice, to address individual concerns, modifications and questions, and to make sure the practice stays safe, nurturing and fun.