Yoga Retreat in Portugal with Savonn Wyland and Kari Kemper
October 4-9, 2023
SOLD OUT – (to be added to the waitlist please email firstname.lastname@example.org )
Join us for yoga, perusing famous markets, relaxing, exploring coastal Portugal, and more at Casa Fuzetta in Olhao, Eastern Algarve, Portugal.
Accommodations. You can choose a shared room for two or a limited number of private rooms for one.
Each bedroom has its own large en-suite bathroom and:
- 100% cotton bed linens and bath towels
- LaEva organic skin care (soap, lotion, shampoo, and conditioner)
- Stylish Hammam towels for the beach
- Handmade local wicker baskets for trips to the beach or the market
- Top of the range ceiling fans
- Heated flooring throughout the bedrooms, bathrooms, and common areas
Curated Yoga Classes Taught by Savonn and Kari. There will be up to two yoga classes a day (morning and late afternoon). Classes will include a variety of styles, such as Vinyasa Flow, Restorative, Yin, and Mini Workshops. All classes are optional and will be taught by either Savonn or Kari. New and top-of-the-line yoga mats, blocks, straps, bolsters, eye pillows, and massage balls will be provided. The house includes a rooftop as well as indoor yoga practice spaces.
Gourmet Meals and Fresh Juices, Coffee, and Tea. Five brunches (vegetarian, served each day with exception of arrival day) and three dinners (omnivore) are included. A local chef will prepare area specialties showcasing fresh fruits, vegetables, fish, meat, and other ingredients from the world-famous markets. For the evenings where dinner is not provided, you will have the opportunity to discover Olhao’s restaurants on your own, allowing for each attendee to truly experience Portugal dining. As Casa Fuzetta is centrally located, you can easily walk to town for additional meals, food, and groceries.
Communal Spaces. Shared spaces in the house include a meditation area, rooftop pool, lounge area, terraces, sun decks, game room, living room, library, gourmet kitchen, laundry, and places to chill out.
Other Things That Are Included
- Group transfer to/from Faro airport to Casa Fuzetta. We will arrange for up to three taxis to take groups of up to seven people to/from Casa Fuzetta on arrival and departure days.
- Plenty of time to explore the area including hiking, biking, strolling through town, and visiting the world-famous markets.
- Beach towels, umbrellas, and baskets (for the beach or markets).
Optional Excursions and Add-Ons
- Wine tasting
- Olive oil tasting
- Explore other islands (ferry ride)
- Bike tours/rides
- Bodywork and spa services
- Tile painting with local ceramist
- Water color painting classes with local artist
Casa Fuzetta is located in the heart of the picturesque fishing village of Olhao, in the unspoiled eastern Algarve of Portugal. The house was recently restored by local craftsmen and artisans to create a property that balances the heritage of its architecture with contemporary design and comfort, including a spectacular rooftop pool. The town is known for its down-to-earth salty charm, fabulous markets at the water’s edge, warm and hospitable people, cobbled streets, and laid back vibe.
Travel & Leisure featured the retreat center in their 2021 and 2020 lists of the top ten best yoga retreats worldwide. In 2019, Elle Germany spotlighted Casa Fuzetta in their short list of top retreat venues in Europe. The retreat center is also showcased in the recently published book, 50 Places to Practice Yoga Before You Die.
Interested in joining us?
If you would like to be added to the waitlist or the first to know about future retreats to Portugal please use the form below.
Pricing and Registration
SOLD OUT To be added to the waitlist, please email email@example.com
Please only use the “Sign Up” button to the right if you get a confirmation email that you are off of the waitlist. The $500 deposit will secure your spot on the retreat. The balance will be charged to your card on file two months before the retreat. You can make arrangements to use a different card or make full payment earlier than two months by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Retreat Depositsecures your spot on the retreat
- Shared Room + Private Bathroom for Two People: $1895/person. Two twin beds, or couples can select a queen bed.
- Private Room + Private Bathroom for 1 Person: $2130/person.
Retreat price includes: 5 nights’ accommodation + all linen, towels, and laundry facilities; daily yoga classes (1-2/day); 5 brunches and 3 dinners; use of the communal spaces listed above; transfers to and from Faro airport to Casa Fuzetta at the start and finish of the retreat (any transfers outside of this are not included).
Retreat price does NOT include: airfare/travel to and from Portugal, travel insurance, optional excursions/add-ons, bodywork and spa treatments, Covid related testing/paperwork (if needed), additional food/meals and/or wine/alcohol.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
We know that life happens and unforeseen situations and circumstances can change and impact your plans. Our cancellation/refund information is listed below. We strongly encourage you to purchase travel insurance so that you have more travel-related protection in case you need it. There are no refunds or discounts for arriving late, leaving early, flight cancellations, travel delays, injury, family emergencies, or illness.
For the October 4-9, 2023 retreat, full payment is due by August 1, 2023.
- If you have paid in full by May 1, 2023 and need to cancel, we will issue a full refund (not including the deposit).
- If you have paid in full and need to cancel between May 1, 2023 and August 1, 2023, we will issue a refund (not including the deposit), and you will be charged a 10% cancellation fee.
- As we need to pay the retreat center in advance, no refunds will be given for cancellations later than August 1, 2023.
We recommend that you get travel insurance in case of any life situation that may alter your plans. Check out travelinsure.com, insuremytrip.com, or any other option provided by your credit card, airline, or travel company.
Co-Owner/Co-Founder of Sellwood Yoga & Senior Instructor
Savonn’s approach to teaching is to provide skillful and detailed instruction, non-dogmatic and grounded inspiration, along with mindful intention and awareness. She weaves in many different styles and approaches to her creative sequencing and theme-based classes. Her classes, workshops, and retreats offer an opportunity to tap into the transformational energy present when a group comes together to practice without losing the power of personal inquiry and expression.
Kari teaches dynamic, flowing sequences that bring attention to the breath, encourage curiosity, and emphasize proper alignment (the way it presents unique for your body), functional range of motion, and strength all with an openness and sense of humor. Her ability to assess the class and adjust sequencing to meet the students exactly where they are provides an inclusive space for all to practice, encouraging playfulness and lightheartedness.