with Jill Case Follas
Friday, April 24th (7:00 – 9:00pm)
Saturday, April 25th (12:30-4:00pm)
Sunday, April 26th (1:00-3:45pm)
at Sellwood Yoga
$215 – count as 8.5 hours towards anyone enrolled in Deep Dive.
Calling all women for a yummy weekend devoted to restoring your relationship to your pelvis and its health and vitality. Learn how to create the optimum balance of tone, strength and mobility in the pelvic floor as well as how pelvic imbalances can affect your body and your to pleasure and power. We will dive into the mind/body connection to pelvic floor dysfunction and our health as we openly discuss the disconnection and shame that women can often feel toward this part of their body. Open conversation will revolve around the importance of understanding the power this area offers as the home of creative energy both of life and of ideas. This workshop will provide a mix of movement, discussion and self-discovery and reflection. This workshop will feature women’s care specialists as guest speakers that offer alternative therapies to support pelvic issues.
• Learn the anatomy of this area of the body and common symptoms of imbalance
• How to connect to your pelvic floor to discern its health and vitality
• How to develop, restore and maintain pelvic health through self care, specific yoga exercises and techniques, and alternative therapies available
• Use breathwork that supports recovery and health
• How the pelvis relates to pleasure, our relationship to self care, our receptivity, creativity and inner trust
• Practice the exercises that create more suppleness and openness in the pelvic floor
• Learn how to create tone without gripping in this area and explore exercises that achieve this result
Instructor — Jill Case Follas
I started teaching yoga 24 years ago, as movement has always been a way in which I can connect to my body. Yoga for me is not about the poses but about my relationship to my “in- body-ment” as I move through the shapes of my life.
I want my classes to be relevant to our everyday lives. I believe our movement practice can be a tool to help create space, release tension and learn how to listen to the body’s wisdom and requests. I pack my classes full of all the tools that I have learned along my path that have deepened my own practice. I often share astrology in my classes so that we can connect our inner experiences to the outer world. I blend custom aromatherapy products based on the astrology of the times and share them in class to give each of my classes a full sensory experience.
I hope if you join me for a class you will find a warm and nurturing environment to allow your whole self to be on the mat, leaving with the wisdom of your integrated presence. Namaste!
Jill Case Follas, E-RYT 500