Panama Bliss: Sunshine, Saltwater, Yoga and You! Retreat at Sansara Resort in Cambutal, Panama
with Savonn Wyland
Sunday, March 18 – Saturday, March 24, 2018
Enjoy 6 nights – 7 Days of Sunshine, Saltwater, & Yoga in Cambutal, Panama – Located at the southernmost point of Panama in the Azuero Peninsula, Cambutal is a small village in the province of Los Santos. On retreat you can practice yoga every day, unwind, tune into yourself, learn something new, go kayaking, surfing, snorkeling, swimming, and so much more. Come along- make the time to take care of yourself, relax, refresh and return home feeling inspired and full of life.
- Daily yoga classes taught by Savonn. The open-air yoga shala is constructed with an intricate palm thatched design and boasts phenomenal views of the Pacific Ocean. No need to bring your own mat or props. The shala is outfitted with bolsters, half moon yoga mats, straps, and wooden blocks.
- Delicious meals. Dinner the day of arrival, breakfast the day of departure and for the 5 days in between 3 healthy balanced meals each day; featuring the finest, local and seasonal ingredients Panama has to offer. Sansara specializes in farm to table food with a majority of the ingredients made in-house with local produce and fresh seafood. Fresh fruit, local fair trade coffee, tea and filter-water are also available throughout the day. Vegan, vegetarian and gluten-free options can be arranged.
- Stylish tropical lodging. 6 nights of luxury accommodations at Sansara Resort. Crafted by local artisans in Panama, every cabana is unique and designed to inspire serenity and bliss. Infused with essential oils, laden with hypoallergenic bedding and filled with natural, organic body products. The cabanas are just steps away from the Pacific Ocean in one direction and the wild, mountainous jungle in the other. See pricing information below for room availability and amenities.
- Stand Up Paddling – Glide on water and experience Panama’s stunning coastline while enjoying breathtaking views and exotic sea life from your paddleboard. Enjoy complimentary use of Stand Up Paddleboards during the retreat.
- Kayaking – Enjoy a refreshing paddle on the Pacific Ocean. The protected bay is perfect paddling for beginners as well as experienced paddlers. Complimentary use of a Kayak is part of the retreat.
- Lots of Other Activities (Surf, Snorkel, Hike, Horse Back Ride, Kayak, Boat, SUP and more) Plenty of time to be as active as you want.
- Outdoor Pool Overlooking the Pacific Ocean. Cool off and chill out in the stunning open air salt water pool overlooking the beautiful Pacific Ocean.
- Cinema Night and Beach Bonfire. Mid-way through the retreat we will have a movie night. And weather permitting we will have a night by a bonfire on the beach.
- Buddha Bar. At the Buddha Bar you can purchase fresh squeezed juices, smoothies, world-class cocktails, spirits, fine wines and local artisan beers.
We will be staying at Sansara Surf and Yoga Resort, in Cambutal, Panama. Located at the southernmost point of Panama in the Azuero Peninsula, Cambutal is a small village in the province of Los Santos, and is approximately 5 hours away from the countries capital; Panama City.
The accommodations include tropical air conditioned cabanas designed to inspire serenity and bliss, a beautiful swimming pool overlooking the Pacific Ocean, an outside yoga studio equipped with mats and a full range of props, an onsite spa, plus meals featuring local produce and seafood as well as a bar serving fresh juices, smoothies, hand crafted cocktails, wine and locally brewed beer on tap.
Optional Activities and/or Add Ons:
- Surfing for All Levels. One group surf lesson is included with the retreat. Other small group or private instruction can be added on. At Sansara you have quick, easy access to beach breaks, point breaks, and reef break surf options. With the warm, inviting water surrounding Sansara, there is no need for a wetsuit. Cambutal is home to some of the best waves on the pacific coast, crashing along beaches that are clean and blissfully empty. The area boasts a perfect blend of geography and wind, creating prime conditions to satisfy every surfer. Regardless of your skill level, Sansara’s personable instructors will make sure you stay safe and get the very most out of your lesson and time in the ocean.
- Sansara Resort Spa. The onsite Sansara Resort Spa is a sanctuary for relaxation and optimal well being, all within the comfort of the resort’s tranquil setting. A variety of services are available including Integrative Deep Tissue, Integrative Relaxation Massage, Lymphatic drainage massage, Cranial Sacral Massage, Reiki and Facial Treatments ranging from 60 to 90 minutes.
- Biking – Complimentary with your stay, is the use of beach cruiser style bicycles.
- Hiking – Enjoy guided or unguided nature hikes through Panama’s pristine nature reserves. The nearby Cerro Hoya National Park is just one of the beautiful hiking options where you may see monkeys, macaws, coatis, iguanas, gigantic rainforest trees, and stunning orchids.
- Snorkeling – At Sansara, you can experience the area’s best snorkeling as the resort is situated in a beautiful protected bay. All the equipment you need is onsite, ready for you to explore the reefs right outside of your cabana.
- Fishing and/or Boat Trip –Cruise the Panamanian pacific coastline (tuna coast) and witness the amazing views, and abundance of natural wildlife. For those wishing to fish, you can look forward to catching tuna and Mahi Mahi. Rates vary based on the excursion.
- Ranchito Cabana – shared house for 4. (4 twin beds spread out on 2 separate levels, air conditioning, mini fridge, private patio) $1695 per person
- Anahata Cabana – shared house for 3. (3 twin beds, air conditioning, mini fridge, private patio) $1795 per person
- Cedro Espino Cabana – shared house for 2. (2 queen beds, air conditioning, mini fridge, private patio) $2195 per person
- Casa Antigua Cabana – shared house for 2. (1 king bed or 2 twin beds, air conditioning, mini fridge, private patio) $2195 per person
- Rio Chico Cabana – shared house for 2. (1 king bed or 2 twin beds, air conditioning, mini fridge, private patio) $2195 per person
- Rio Grande Cabana – shared house for 2. (1 king bed or 2 twin beds, air conditioning, mini fridge, private patio) $2195 per person
Retreat Price Includes:
- 6 nights of luxury accommodations in air conditioned beachfront cabanas.
- Daily Yoga classes taught by Savonn. Yoga mats and other props are provided.
- Meals/Beverages/Fresh Fruit: Arrival day dinner and departure day breakfast along with 3 healthy, balanced meals daily for the 5 days in between arrival/departure. Plus fresh fruit, local fair trade coffee, tea and filter-water are available throughout the day.
- Transportation between Panama City and Sansara (Pick up to Sansara is on Sunday, March 18 beginning at 9am from 3 recommended hotels in Panama City, Drop off from Sansara back to Panama City is on Saturday, March 25 leaving at 8:30am from Sansara returning to Panama City approx. 5 hours later). Specific info about transportation and hotel recommendations will be provided as soon as you sign up or inquire about the retreat.
- 1 Complimentary Group Surf Lesson. All levels (including absolute beginners) are welcome.
- Complimentary use of SUP and/or Kayak.
- Unlimited use of snorkel gear and beach cruiser style bicycles.
- Organic bathroom products shampoo/conditioner/soap.
- Hypoallergenic beddings and towels.
- Beach towels included in room.
- Beach Bonfire Celebration (weather permitting).
- Cinema Night.
Retreat Price does NOT include: airfare, additional excursions/activities, any meals outside of Sansara, travel insurance (highly recommended), massages and spa treatments, gratuities, snacks/smoothies/juices, Budhha Bar purchases (cocktails, beer, wine, etc), additional surf lessons and/or rentals, items of a personal nature/souvenirs.
It is highly advised that you plan on arriving in Panama City by Saturday, March 17 and staying the night at one of the following recommended hotel. Remember that pick up to Sansara, on Sunday, March 18, will begin at 9am from these hotels. By getting to Panama City on March 17, you will have ample time to arrive in Panama, rest, sightsee and get ready for the rest of our week in Cambutal at the Sansara Resort.
Please use the button, on the right, to pay your $500 deposit to secure your spot in the retreat.
Once you reserve your spot, you will receive an email with:
- Reminders about travel options including hotels in Panama City, transport to/from Sansara, and other details related to planning your trip.
- A comprehensive packing list and travel tips for our retreat.
- Information on how your balance can be paid (including dates and how to pay online or by check).
Panama Bliss: Sunshine, Saltwater, Yoga and You Retreat Deposit$500 deposit secures your spot in the retreat
Please note that the $500 deposit is non-refundable and secures your spot for the retreat. Full payment is due by February 1, 2018. If you have paid in full by November 1, 2017 and need to cancel, we will offer you a full refund (not including the deposit). If you need to cancel between 11/1/17and 1/15/17 we will issue a refund (not including the deposit) and you will be charged a 10% cancel fee. As we need to pay the retreat center in advance, no refunds will be given for cancellations later than January 15, 2018.
TRAVEL INSURANCE: We recommend that you get travel insurance in case of any life situation that may alter your plans. Check out travelinsure.com, insuremytrip.com, or any other option provided by your credit card, airline or travel company.