with Savonn Wyland
December 18-20, 2020
Friday, December 18, 2020: 1:30-5:30pm and 7:00-9:00pm at Sellwood Yoga.
Saturday, December 19, 2020: 12:30-8:30pm at Sellwood Yoga.
Sunday, December 20, 2020: 10:30-4:30pm at Align Fitness.
Prerequisites: Previous 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training Certification or yoga teaching experience.
This Weekend Intensive is part of Sellwood Yoga’s 300 Hour Advanced Studies Yoga Teacher Training Program as well as the “Deep Dive” Track. With instructor approval you may be able to register for this module as a stand alone weekend. Please email email@example.com for more information.
“Making it Work!” is an essential module for any current or new instructor looking to build a profitable and sustainable yoga teaching career. The weekend will be packed with actionable items to boost profitability and refine, define and further develop systems for marketing, social media and business.
Savonn along with guest instructors (social media expert, photographer, small business coach and others) will lead you through planning, executing and building on your current assets, strengths and interests. There will be things that you will be assigned to do before the weekend as well as hands on activities during the intensive and deliverables after.
Some of the things that will be covered include:
- Using Social Media in a way that feels good to you and is effective for your business.
- Updating, creating and maintaining a marketing plan that highlights your natural talents, interests and teaching strengths.
- Adding to your yoga related photo assets including your headshot and promotional images.
- Rewording your bio and other marketing material to be more authentic and current.
- Working on your brand identity and niche offerings.
- Becoming more financially savvy and realistic about finances both what is coming in and what is going out as it relates to your yoga career.
- Coming up with a plan for how your yoga teaching fits in with your financial and lifestyle goals
- Assessing your current organizational, time management and business systems and making changes to help you feel more in control and confident.
- Refining what it means to you to have a sustainable yoga career with realistic goals, personal and professional boundaries and balance, and time for your own practice and other pursuits.
- Looking more closely at your revenue streams and finding ways to diversify and attain a mix of active and passive income.
- Developing a plan of action to retain your current students and attract new students.
- Learning how to work more strategically and effectively with other instructors and people who own, run and work at yoga studios and other centers.
Savonn has been teaching yoga and other healing arts for over 22 years and has owned and operated successful yoga studios (in San Francisco, CA and Portland, OR) for the past 18 years. Before that she had 10 + years of corporate and start up experience working in a variety of roles including VP of Product and Content Development and Director of Product and Business Development.