Our live stream classes are seamlessly integrated into our regular weekly schedule, using a hybrid model. This approach involves simultaneously live broadcasting our in studio classes via Zoom. To join these classes, please sign up via our schedule page. Remember, preregistration is mandatory for all classes. When registering for a live stream class, ensure you book the classes labeled LIVE STREAM
Each live stream class comes with a designated Zoom “meeting” link. These details will be emailed to you after you register, and a friendly reminder will be sent 15 minutes before class begins. You’ll find a Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) section below, tailored specifically for live stream classes. Since these classes are hosted through Zoom, we suggest that you also read our Zoom FAQ before your first session.
To enhance your live stream experience, we have prepared a Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) section specifically tailored for these classes. Since these sessions are conducted via Zoom, we also highly recommend reading through our Zoom FAQ prior to your first class.
In addition to our live classes, we also offer a curated collection of previously streamed classes. We update this collection monthly, providing you with an array of 10-15 classes to select from. Access to these classes requires a studio membership, which can be either our monthly or weekly recurring memberships. If you’re interested in accessing these recorded classes, please fill out this form. We will promptly set you up with access to the recordings and provide you with information on how to get started.
For those who already have access to these recordings, they can be accessed directly here.
Looking for our curated collection of previously streamed classes? They can be accessed directly here.
We update this collection monthly, providing you with an array of 10-15 classes to select from. Access to these classes requires a studio membership, which can be either our monthly or weekly recurring memberships. If you’re interested in accessing these recorded classes, please fill out this form. We will promptly set you up with access to the recordings and provide you with information on how to get started.
FAQs for Live Stream Classes
Accessing Live Stream Classes
Where can I sign up for your live stream classes?
You can register for our live stream classes via our online schedule. Each live stream class comes with a designated Zoom “meeting” link. These details will be emailed to you after you register, and a friendly reminder will also be sent 15 minutes before class begins. Please note that the registration for these live stream classes concludes 5 minutes before the class start time.
If you haven’t taken a live stream class with us yet, please make sure to read our Zoom FAQ.
What happens after I register for a live stream class?
After you register for a live stream class, you will get an email and/or text confirmation right away.
The confirmation email/text will come from email@example.com. Occasionally, these emails may end up in your spam/junk folder. When looking for the follow up email, make sure to also search the spam/junk folder. Better yet, make sure ahead of time that emails from sellwoodyoga.com are set to come to your inbox as “safe” sending addresses. Your email provider should have help documents for how to achieve this.
Fifteen minutes before the class is scheduled to begin, you will get a second email and reminder text with details about the class.
How can I make sure I receive the class link that is sent?
To make sure you receive the emails and/or texts with the correct Zoom “meeting” link for each class:
1. Check your junk/spam folder. Sometimes, the messages may end up somewhere other than the inbox, so please look through junk/spam and other folders. Most email providers have a way for you to mark “safe” senders or add certain senders to your address book. Please consult help documentation specific to your email provider for instructions on how to do this. If you add firstname.lastname@example.org to your address book or safe sender list, then the emails should come through to your inbox.
2. Check your Mindbody account settings. Log in to your Sellwood Yoga Mindbody account and make sure that your email address is current AND that you are subscribed to receive our email and/or text updates pertaining to your account, as well as reminders and schedule changes. This step is imperative, as the links for your online classes will be emailed to the address we have on file in your Mindbody account. You will see something like this under the “Personal Information” section of your Mindbody account:
You will get a registration email as soon as you sign up for a class and a reminder message 15 minutes before the class starts (see examples below).
What devices and other types of technology are required for accessing live stream classes? Any tips or recommendations?
1. The live stream classes require Zoom access. Prior to your first class, make sure to download the Zoom app for desktop and/or mobile. If you are not yet familiar with Zoom classes, we highly recommend downloading the Zoom app onto your computer/device well before the class start time, so that you have time to troubleshoot any issues that might present. Click here to read more about our recommendations for getting the most our of your Sellwood Yoga Live Stream Classes via Zoom.
2. We recommend a desktop computer, laptop, or iPad (vs. a phone, if possible) for quality streaming of the classes. Remember you will be watching and listening from whatever device you chose. You will want to position your device so that you can see the screen and hear the audio. There are Zoom controls on your end that have nothing to do with how the instructor controls the class delivery on his/her end. The quality of your audio is dependent on what device you are listening from and how you are listening (straight from that device vs. using a headset, etc.). You may need to turn up the volume on your device as well as on your Zoom controls.
3. Prior to the start of a class, confirm that you’re using your WiFi service vs. your cell service to ensure optimal connectivity (and avoid potential data costs).
4. Bluetooth headphones (ex. AirPods) or a plugged in headset are recommended for better audio quality, unless you have your computer/laptop hooked up to external speakers.
Pricing for Live Stream Classes
How much are the live stream classes?
Current prices are $22 for a single class or $29/week for an unlimited pass. You can also use any Sellwood Yoga monthly membership or class punch pass. Check your options from our rates page.
You can purchase the weekly live stream pass here. Please note: With this membership plan, your credit card will be charged once a week. Your membership will automatically renew until we receive a email notice of cancellation. You may request a cancellation/termination with 3 days advance notice by emailing email@example.com.
With our Live Stream Weekly Membership, you will have unlimited weekly access to our live stream classes. Your membership automatically renews each week until you notify us that you need or want to cancel.
How do I cancel or suspend my membership?
To cancel your weekly or monthly membership, kindly send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note, membership charges will continue to recur until we receive an email from you indicating your wish to end the membership. Upon receiving your email, we will acknowledge and confirm the cancellation promptly.
Practicing at Home
How do I set up my practice space?
Please give yourself enough time to get your practice space set up to maximize your comfort and minimize distractions:
- Set up a yoga mat or something else that you can sit, stand and lay down on, preferably on a surface that is not slippery (especially for standing poses).
- Be creative about props. While they are not necessary for most of the live stream classes, they may be helpful. See the FAQ below for some prop ideas.
- Dress in layers and have whatever you need for resting/savasana nearby.
- Turn off notifications, and let anyone who is sharing space with you know that you will be practicing.
- Have whatever else you need within arm’s reach: water, tea, reading glasses, etc.
I don't have yoga props. What can I use?
- Towels, blankets, cushions, and pillows can be used as padding for your knees, back, head, etc.
- Sturdy objects such as chairs, benches, sofas, and tables can help for balance, steadiness, taking a break, etc.
- Scarves, belts, bungee cords, dog leashes, or thick rope can be used in lieu of a yoga strap.
- Canned food, jars, books, or low tables can be used in lieu of yoga blocks.
- A washcloth, scarf, or sleeve of a long-sleeved shirt can be used instead of an eye pillow to cover your eyes.
It's been a while since I have practiced. Any suggestions?
Just like with in-person classes, give yourself permission to rest when you need a break. Move into Child’s Pose or some other restful position and rejoin when you can. You know your body, so modify when necessary.
I am used to the instructor walking around the class, offering hands-on assists, etc. How does live stream instruction work?
Your instructor will always be in front of the camera. As they are alone in the studio, you will not see another “classmate” demonstrating the poses. Your instructor will do that. You will see a combination of the instructor doing the full sequence with you, doing part of the sequence, or sitting still in front of the camera guiding you through the sequence. With all methods, and just like our in-person classes, your instructor will maintain their high standards of descriptive, verbal, alignment-based instruction to assist you in your pose. Their instructions should be clear enough that you can mainly follow along by listening and then watching/looking whenever you need or want to.
Will the live stream classes have music?
Your instructor will not be playing any music during class. You can cue up your favorite playlist and enjoy your own music in the privacy of your space. Some instructors will send recommended playlists that you can access if you want to match up their music suggestions with your practice.