with Savonn Wyland and Kari Kemper
June 27 – July 3, 2021
A few spots are now available. Email us for details.
Enjoy 7 nights & 8 Days of La Dolce Vita (“The Sweet Life”) in Tuscany, Italy, a destination that speaks for itself with its rich history, art + culture, idyllic villages, iconic landscapes, fabulous food so delicious in its simplicity, world class wines, friendly locals, and more.
We will be staying at Il Borghino, a Tuscan Estate and villa complex retreat center, consisting of three completely restored houses nestled in the hills of Tuscany, cradled between olive groves and vineyards with exquisite gardens and panoramic views over the historic town of Lucca, looking towards Pisa and the sea. The accommodations include simple yet stylish rooms, a large salt-water swimming pool and Jacuzzi, an onsite yoga studio, wood burning pizza oven and sauna.
The retreat is open to students of all levels. Since there are so many things to do on this retreat, it is a great opportunity to bring along friends or family who may not be interested in the daily yoga practices but who would be inspired by the culture of Italy and the chance to unwind, explore, meet new people, and join in the excursions and optional activities.
The vibe of Il Borghino is relaxed, informal, and friendly and the goal of the place “is to provide everyone of the retreat an experience that blends healthy living with a perfect dose of Italian sweet life ~ La Dolce Vita~”
- Daily yoga classes taught by Savonn. No need to bring your own mat or props. The yoga studio has blocks, blankets, straps, mats and bolsters. We will have opportunities to practice both inside the yoga studio and outside on the terrace.
- Delicious meals including lots of farm to table produce, estate produced wine, olive oil, and herbs. Most meals will be served al fresco (outside) on the terrace. Meals will be prepared by a local chef who makes deliciously fresh dishes based on what is in season and the region’s specialities. Food is sourced from local producers, and wherever possible, that includes organic grains, fruit and vegetables. Also available will be homemade fresh fruit and vegetable juices and cleansing herbal teas using fresh herbs from the garden. You can indulge in local cheeses, pasta, breads, wines and other delights, along with plenty of dishes mades from nuts, seeds, legumes, and vegetables/salads, rice, amaranth, quinoa, buckwheat, fresh fruit and yogurt. Organic wine, olive oil and honey is produced in the surrounding agricultural area near Il Borghino and is served during the retreats. Friday night is Pizza + Prosecco Night, with pizza coming out fresh from the wood burning oven. If needed, gluten-free and other special dietary requirements options can be arranged.
- Stylish yet simple lodging. Options include both shared and single rooms with private baths, as well as private rooms with shared baths. The rooms are large, simple and furnished tastefully in local Tuscan style, each with fabulous views from every window. Tea and coffee are available in each house outside meal times. Each house also has a washer and dryer that you can use during our stay.
- A large communal area, “L’Olivo,” is the hub of the retreat centre – a place where we will gather, enjoy meals together, and share experiences. There is also a wood-fried pizza oven which we will make use of during the retreat, and a gorgeous outdoor terrace with panoramic views for al fresco dining and outdoor yoga classes. Wi-fi access is available in the communal areas.
- Day long trip to Cinque Terre. We will spend a day in breath-taking Cinque Terre exploring the five coastal villages embedded in rocky cliffs along one of Italy’s most scenic stretches of Liguria. For those who are hikers, it is possible to spend a day walking and climbing between these beautiful villages and enjoy some spectacular scenery along the way. For others, you can still enjoy walking the more gentle trails, spend time swimming, exploring the villages or sampling some of the local delights.
- Italian cooking class at Il Borghino with their local chef, Maria-Angela. Learn to make Italian classics like make homemade gnocci, pesto and tiramisu.
To learn more about the retreat, click here!