- Twice-daily yoga classes taught by Savonn and Kari. Bardouly has a professionally designed indoor studio and outdoor platform for our practice, and provides high quality mats, blankets, blocks, straps and wheels.
- Three daily meals created by a professionally trained French chef with 20 years of experience. These fresh and healthy meals are bio-dynamic farm to table with vegan, vegetarian, gluten and dairy-free options available.
- An evening of wine tasting with a local Sommelier at Chateau de Bardouly. At this event you will have the opportunity to purchase wine to consume during your stay at the retreat, allowing each attendee to enjoy the varietals they desire.
- Luxurious lodging. Each room includes high thread-count Egyptian cotton linens, robe and slippers, clock, wireless speaker, armoire, chest of drawers, writing desk and comfy chairs for reading. All bathrooms are fitted with blow dryers, high quality bath towels, and luxury toiletries.
- A wide variety of outside activities including a heated saltwater swimming pool, hard surface tennis court, lawn for croquet, boules court, badminton, and table tennis.
- Space to roam and explore. 100 acres of grounds for hiking, running and biking
- On site spa facilities with options including professional massages, reflexology, Ayurvedic massage, and more.
Instructor — Savonn Wyland
Savonn’s approach to teaching is to provide skillful and detailed instruction, non-dogmatic and grounded inspiration, along with mindful intention and awareness. She weaves in many different styles and approaches to her creative sequencing and theme based classes.
She recognizes the importance of an integrated approach to health and wellbeing. She believes that yoga and other meditative and expressive arts are a great complement to athletic, professional and creative pursuits.
Her classes, workshops and retreats offer an opportunity to tap into the transformational energy present when a group comes together to practice without losing the power of personal inquiry and expression. Her one-on-one sessions help to better tailor a personal practice, to address individual concerns, modifications and questions, and to make sure the practice stays safe, nurturing and fun.
Instructor — Kari Kemper
Kari discovered yoga during her university days, sampling the various styles, but never landing on one to develop a deep practice. A former avid runner, Kari found Vinyasa Flow via Sellwood Yoga in 2009 which allowed her to work with the structural challenges that occur as the result of longer distances and an aging body. Initially working with yoga to heal many a running injury, break a sweat and build strength as a form of exercise, Kari found a deeper meaning within yoga that allows her to move her body, connect her breath and settle her mind. This awareness and the supportive Sellwood Yoga community led her to complete her 200 hour RYT teacher training taught by Savonn Wyland and Bill Wyland.
Kari brings an openness and sense of humor to her classes and is excited to share the gifts of yoga however they appear in each student.