Divi Advanced Studies
“Deep Dive” Track
About our advanced studies Teacher Training Program
In-Depth Studies & Practice
Wide Range of Topics
Are you interested in taking your understanding and practice of yoga to the next level but don’t feel interested in teaching or taking on the time commitment of our 200 or 300 hour teacher training program? If so, our “Deep Dive” Track is for you.
This program allows you to take one of the Advanced Studies Immersion Weekends as well as at least 130 hours of immersions at your own pace without needing to do homework, teach or complete mentorship hours.
Pick and choose from the incredible assortment of immersions that we offer to tailor your “Deep Dive” to fit your schedule, budget and needs. Enjoy intimate, in depth classes and access to teachings and material that you don’t get in most regular studio classes.
At Sellwood Yoga we aspire to teach and provide trainings that are accessible and support our commitment to equity and inclusion. We offer a limited number of scholarships and/or work study positions for those who are in need of financial support. You can apply for the scholarships and/or work study positions by answering additional questions on the program application.
Deep Dive Track
• 20 hours Advanced Studies Immersion Weekend (offered twice a year, you need to attend at least one)
•At least 130 hours of Deep Dive Immersions and/or a combination of Deep DIve Immersions and 20 Hour Modules.
Enrollment is ongoing with monthly modules and program related immersions starting in March 2020.
Once you are enrolled, you have 2 years to complete the program. You will be matched up with a program coordinator who will help you enroll in the intensives and will be your guide throughout your program.
Your tuition also includes a membership (6 consecutive months) to Sellwood Yoga & Align Fitness with unlimited regular classes, discounts on other workshops, special events and more.
Everyone enrolled in the program will be part of a private online group where you can connect with each other, the faculty and guest instructors as well as share information relevant to the program, ask questions and receive answers plus access other relevant resources.
Deep Dive Participants May Pick from the List of Immersions and/or Modules below
Deep Dive Participants May Also Pick from Most of the Modules Offered with the 300 Hour Teacher Training Program
Next Steps, Tuition/Payment, Schedule, Location/Times
- Initial and Next Steps
- Tuition and Payment Information
- Dates and Schedule: 2020-2021
- Location and Times
1. Send us a message if you have specific questions or if you would like to schedule some time to talk in person or over the phone.
2. Apply online.
3. Within 3 business days of your application being submitted we will get back to you. If for some reason, you do not hear from us please send us an email.
4. Once accepted, into the program, we will make arrangements to schedule your first meeting with your program guide, pay your first installment of $500 (non refundable) . You will then register for your Deep Dive Immersion Weekend , enroll in your elective weekend modules and decide what your payment plan is going to be. You can also sign up for other modules (past the required 150 hours) at a discounted per module rate.
After your initial $500 payment (non refundable) you can pick between a number of different payment options:
Option 1: Pay in Full – $2400 ( 15% discount) Pay your balance within 1 month of enrollment and save $360.
Option2: Installment Plan 1 – Pay in 2 installments of $1130 (within 6 months of enrollment) plus $50 service fee for a total of $2810 ($500 + $1130 + $1130 + $50)
Option 3: Installment Plan 2- Pay in 4 installments of $565 (on a timeline based on your needs) plus $100 service fee for a total of $2860 ($500 + $565 + $565 + $565 + $565 + $100)
Tuition includes: 1 Advanced Studies Immersion Weekend, up to 130 hours of weekend intensives and/or weekend intensives + workshops, 6 consecutive months of regular classes at Sellwood Yoga & Align Fitness as well as discounts on workshops, retreats, retail and other special offerings.
You may sign up for additional weekend intensives at a discounted rate.
If you decide not to complete the program, you are still responsible for any remaining payments.
- April 17-19, 2020: Deep Dive Immersion Weekend (you need to attend the Deep Dive Weekend at least once)
- May 15-17, 2020: “How to Teach Yin and the Art of Quieter Practices” with Savonn
- June 19-21, 2020: “Trauma Informed Yoga” with Rosey and Annie
- July 17-19, 2020: “The Psychology of Yoga” with Maria
- August 14-16, 2020: “Hands On and/or Off Assists” with Savonn
- September 18-20, 2020: “History and Lineage of Yoga ” with Maria
- October 16-18, 2020: “Yoga and Mindfulness with Kids” with Rosey and Annie
- November 13-15, 2020: Deep Dive Immersion Weekend (you need to attend the Deep Dive Weekend at least once)
- December 18-20, 2020: “Making it Work: Business & Marketing Skills for Yoga Teachers” with Savonn
- January 15-17, 2021 “Energetic and Physical Anatomy of Yoga Part 1” with Maria
- February 19-21, 2021: “Vinyasa Flow Classes: How to Plan, Sequence and Teach” with Bill
- March 19-21, 2021:“Energetic and Physical Anatomy of Yoga Part 2” with Maria
- April 16-18, 2021: “Inspired Innovation: Be Creative and Authentic in Your Teaching” with Savonn
- May 14-16, 2021: “Classical Yoga and Chanting” with Maria
- June 18-20, 2021: “Thai Yoga Massage” with Bill
- July 16-18, 2021: “Teaching All Levels Gentle and Restorative Yoga” with Savonn
- August 20-22, 2021 “Self Care: How to Deal with Burnout, Nurture Your Own Practice, and Stay Inspired” with Savonn and Maria
Most of the “Deep Dive” Immersions will be held at Sellwood Yoga (primarily on Fridays and Saturdays, occasionally on Thursdays and Sundays) and Align Fitness (Sundays). There could be times that the location may change depending on the material being presented and the availability of studio space. If a session is held somewhere different than Sellwood Yoga or Align Fitness it will be communicated ahead of time and will always be somewhere in Portland (preferably in Sellwood/SE Portland).
Most of the 20 Hour Modules meet according to this schedule:
• 6 hours on Fridays: 1:30-5:30pm and 7:00-9:00pm (at Sellwood Yoga) Dinner break from 5:30-7pm with an option to stay and take the 5:45-6:45pm class.
• 8 hours on Saturdays: 12:30-8:30pm at Sellwood Yoga (Mini breaks will be scheduled throughout the day)
• 6 hours on Sundays: 10:30-4:30pm at Align Fitness (Mini breaks will be scheduled throughout the day)
Check out the individual modules for exact dates and times.