Sellwood Yoga is located at 7970 SE 13th Ave, between SE Miller and SE Nehalem Streets. You can find directions on our location page. We highly recommend signing up for classes in advance. You can do that by going to Sellwood Yoga’s Schedule online, by using the MINDBODY app, or by contacting the studio (calling, texting or emailing 24 hours in advance). For any class that sells out, priority attendance is given to those with advance reservations.
Before You Arrive
- We recommend that you arrive 10-15 minutes before each class in order to get signed in and settled into the practice space—especially if it’s your first visit!
- Wear comfortable, non-restrictive clothes you can move easily in.
- Bring a water bottle if you think you’ll need it. We have drinking water at the studio, but not cups.
- Bring your own yoga (not exercise) mat if you have one; we also have studio mats available to rent or purchase.
- If you sweat easily, you may want to bring a hand towel for faster-paced classes.
At the Studio
- A front desk staff member and/or an instructor is on hand at the beginning of each class to greet you or to answer any questions.
- Sign in at the front desk before each class.
- If you’re a drop-in student, you can purchase a pass or pay for a drop-in class. We accept cash, checks, and credit cards.
- Please talk to the instructor before the start of the class if you have any injuries or if you are brand new to yoga or pilates.
- Cell phones should be turned off before entering the studio. Please do not use your phone in the practice space.
- Please remove your shoes before entering the practice space and leave them in the hallway; there is a room in the practice space for you to hang your coat and store your belongings.
- The bathroom is also located in the practice space.
- Props (such as blocks, straps, blankets and bolsters) are available for your use.
- Most classes at Sellwood Yoga take place with mats in rows facing the garden; however, in some restorative classes, students will be in a circle with the back of each mat against a wall. Note how other students are positioning their mats, and ask the instructor if you have questions.
- Please be flexible when it comes to mat position and make space for others as needed.
During and After Class
- Listen to your body, and rest when you need to.
- Let your instructor know if you are confused, experiencing pain, or having any other trouble.
- If you are going to be more than 10 minutes late to a class, it’s best to come to another class; if you arrive within the first 10 minutes of class, please try to enter, gather props, and set up your space as quietly and unobtrusively as you can.
- If you need to leave early, please let your instructor know before the class has started.
- After class, please put away your props neatly, referring to the picture on the wall to see how blankets, blocks, and bolsters etc. should be stored.