Location & Directions
Sellwood Yoga is located in inner Southeast Portland in the historic Sellwood neighborhood. Our address is 7970B SE 13th Avenue, between SE Miller Street and SE Nehalem Street, just a couple of blocks north of Tacoma Street. The entrance to the studio is on the side of the building. Parking is usually easy to find along 13th Avenue or the side streets. Places to secure your bike are also available along 13th Avenue. Sellwood Yoga is across the street from Grand Central Bakery and Sellwood Cycle Repair. We are close to Jade Teahouse, Tea Chai Te, and the Blue Kangaroo Coffee Shop. New Seasons Market is not too far away from the studio.
Signing Up for Classes
At this time, all students must pre-register for classes and pay in advance. Right now, we cannot accommodate drop-ins. You can sign up and pay for classes by going to our schedule page, using the MINDBODY app, or contacting the studio (calling/texting 503-575-9982 or emailing email@example.com 24 hours in advance).
Help protect all of us: students, instructors, our families, and community.
Thank you for helping us maintain a safe and healthy studio.
Before You Arrive
- Face Masks are Optional: As of June 30, 2021 and in accordance with Oregon policies, all of our in studio classes are now face mask optional.
- Arrive at least 10-15 minutes before class starts. We need everyone to be in the studio and ready for class at least 5 minutes before the class starts. No late entry.
- Wear comfortable, non-restrictive clothes you can move easily in. During the cooler months, please dress in layers.
- Bring your own yoga (not exercise) mat. Studio mats are not available at this time.
- Keep any other things you bring to the studio to a minimum. You may want to bring a full water bottle and your own props (we do have a limited number of studio props such as blocks, straps and blankets available for you to use while at the studio).
At the Studio
- Leave your shoes in the cubbies in the entry hallway. You can bring any small items (phone, keys, small bag) into the practice space with you.
- A front desk staff member and/or an instructor will be on hand before each class to greet you and answer any questions.
- If you have any injuries or if you are newer to yoga, please let your instructor know before the class starts.
- Please turn off your cell phone before you enter the studio, and don’t use your phone inside the practice space.
- The bathroom is located inside the practice space and is open.
During & After Class
- Listen to your body, and rest when needed.
- If you need to leave early, please let your instructor know before the class has started.
- Once class is done, gather your belongings and take them with you.