Location & Directions
Sellwood Yoga is located in inner Southeast Portland in the historic Sellwood neighborhood. Our address is 7970B SE 13th Avenue, between SE Miller Street and SE Nehalem Street, just a couple of blocks north of Tacoma Street. The entrance to the studio is on the side of the building. Parking is usually easy to find along 13th Avenue or the side streets. Places to secure your bike are also available along 13th Avenue. Sellwood Yoga is across the street from Grand Central Bakery and Sellwood Cycle Repair. We are close to Jade Teahouse, Tea Chai Te, and the Blue Kangaroo Coffee Shop. New Seasons Market is not too far away from the studio.
Signing Up for Classes
At this time, all students must pre-register for classes and pay in advance. Right now, we cannot accommodate drop-ins. You can sign up and pay for classes by going to our schedule page, using the MINDBODY app, or contacting the studio (calling/texting 503-575-9982 or emailing email@example.com 24 hours in advance).
Help protect all of us: students, instructors, our families, and community.
Thank you for helping us maintain a safe and healthy studio.
Before You Arrive
- Bring your own face mask/covering. Everyone must wear a mask while they are inside of the studio.
- Arrive at least 10-15 minutes before class starts. We are keeping the front door open for air flow, and we need everyone to be in the studio and ready for class at least 5 minutes before the class starts. No late entry.
- Wear comfortable, non-restrictive clothes you can move easily in. During the cooler months, please dress in layers. With the front door open, it can get chilly. Please note: We do not have a changing room available at this time.
- Bring your own yoga (not exercise) mat. Studio mats are not available at this time.
- Bring your own props. If you need props (such as blankets, bolsters, straps, and blocks), please bring them from home. Just to be extra safe, we are not providing shared props.
- Keep any other things you bring to the studio to a minimum. You may want to bring a full water bottle.
At the Studio
- Wear a mask at all times. Per the Oregon Face Mask requirement, you must wear your mask at all times while you’re inside the studio.
- Leave your shoes in the cubbies in the entry hallway. You can bring any small items (phone, keys, small bag) into the practice space with you.
- A front desk staff member and/or an instructor will be on hand before each class to greet you and answer any questions.
- If you have any injuries or if you are brand new to yoga, talk to the instructor before class.
- Please turn off your cell phone before you enter the studio, and don’t use your phone inside the practice space.
- Stay aware of 6-feet distancing. Place your mat where indicated by staff. Before, during, and after the class, please keep space between you, the other students, and your instructor.
- The bathroom is located inside the practice space and is open. However, we prefer that you use it only if absolutely necessary and not as a changing room.
During & After Class
- Listen to your body, and rest when needed.
- Let the instructor know if you are confused, experiencing pain, or having any trouble.
- If you need to leave early, please let your instructor know before the class has started.
- Once class is done, gather your belongings and take them with you. Please wait until you leave the studio to clean your mat and/or props.